What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
For my music magazine to have the best chance of becoming successful, I want it to be picked up by on of the large publishing distributor so I therefore will have financial support and also a wide range of advertising. This is a decision I have made due to the fact I will need as much support as I can get, as only 3 in 10 new titles survive more than 3 years. I have also decided because of this that I would choose a large company like Bauer Media Company. This company manages over eighty brands including FHM and is the largest privately owned publishing group in Europe. I believe this would be the right distributor for my magazine, Craze.
Using Bauer as my publisher and distributor would be the right decision to make as it focuses on music, fashion and lifestyle, and Bauer presently publish magazines that focus on just one of these things but not all of them. This means that I will therefore be able to bring a new idea into the company that will be something unique for them. Bauer also works with music channels like 4Music and fashion/gossip magazines alike Grazia, this could mean a potential advertising opportunity for Craze, as it is a chance to show off the new magazine in other media products that have music and fashion both featured in it.
My magazine will be advertised on the TV, radio and other Bauer products, relevant to my target audience, due to the mainstream nature of Graze with Bauers distribution networks. My magazine has a good chance of gaining shelf space in WH Smith, and main supermarkets such as Tesco, and newsagents. My magazine may also be sold in HMV as it revolves around music and people buying music will be interested. When magazines are sold instore, half the cover price goes to that store so i would also expect to sell my magazine via subscription which I will promote within the magazine. Subscription is cheaper for the reader so it ensures repeated purchases for the publisher. There will also be a downloadable version of my magazine on iTunes, and can be used as an app on your apple products; this is suitable for my aspiring target audience as they will be interested in the latest things, as well as gadgets, meaning they will have the right technology to be able to have this app.
No comments:
Post a Comment